Where to find the Villa Magna
Contact & Location
The Villa Magna enjoys an unbeatable location in the Salamanca district of Madrid. Our luxury hotel on the Paseo de la Castellana is close to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and other attractions such as the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza and the Reina Sofia Museums.
Madrid will amaze you with its blue skies. No matter what time of year you choose to visit the city, you are likely to enjoy the same blue skies immortalised in the paintings of Velázquez.
Madrid is the depiction of light. There are very few European cities that have as many days of sunshine as the Spanish capital. Its relative altitude and dry continental climate mean that it enjoys immaculate clear blue skies all year round. The best moments are the intense, romantic evenings, and the Hotel Villa Magna is the perfect place to enjoy them, thanks to its western facing location. We also recommend the terraces of the Plaza de Oriente and the roof terrace of the Cibeles Palace, home to the Tartan Roof restaurant.
While you are packing your suitcase, bear in mind that the summers are generally long, dry and hot, from early morning until early afternoon and the evenings are the best times of the day. Autumn and spring offer pleasant temperatures all day long: a perfect excuse to go shopping, enjoy an aperitif on a terrace or stroll along the avenues of the Retiro Park and the Botanical Garden. During winter the days are shorter, however the skies are blue and it hardly rains.
- Currency: Euro.
- Shop opening hours: the traditional hours are from Monday to Sunday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and from 5:00 pm to 8.30 pm, in the vicinity of the Hotel, although an increasing number of establishments no longer close at lunchtime.
- Mealtimes: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm to midnight. The restaurants in tourist areas tend to open earlier.
- Taxes: No VAT for tourists.
- Electricity: 220v.
- Smoking: Prohibited in closed public spaces, including bars and restaurants.
- Tipping: By law, restaurants and hotels are obliged to include service charge in their bills (generally around 15%). Nevertheless, it is customary to leave a tip of 10% in restaurants and nightclubs.